Nota Bene: The following item is a scholarly text which an average reader, who lacks philosophical or theological training, may find very difficult. Readers who have some philosophical or theological background or those with advanced degrees in psychology are most likely to benefit from this work.
This text, the first of three volumes in the
Introduction to the Science of Mental Healthseries, treats the science of mental health and illness and is based on the writings of St. Thomas Aquinas. The text is divided into three parts:
- What constitutes a valid science of psychology;
- The principles one must know in order to discuss mental health and illness;
- What is mental health and illness according to St. Thomas and what are the causes of mental health and illness from a Thomistic perspective.
The Forward and imprimatur for the text are by His Excellency, Fabian Bruskewitz, Bishop-Emeritus of the Diocese of Lincoln, Nebraska.
Vol. II: Sacred and Other Spiritual Causes
This second of the three volumes addresses the various aspects of Catholic Theology as they affect mental health. Some of the areas covered are:
- Relationship of psychology to theology;
- Sin as it affects mental health;
- Infused Virtues, Sacraments, Gifts of the Holy Ghost and Prayer;
- Demonic Influences.
Vol. III: Quodlibetal Issues and Practica
The third text in the series, this volume addresses the various aspects of psychology which are not covered in the prior two volumes as well as the practical application of Thomistic psychology. Some topics included are:
- The Subconscious
- Self Knowledge;
- Personality and Temperaments;
- Developmental and Educational Psychology;
- Diagnosis and Counseling;
- The Role of the Empirical in Psychology.
HOW TO ORDER THE HARDBACK EDITION
The Hardback Edition is $65 plus $15 for S & H. To order the Hardback Edition, please click the donation button on the homepage and make a $80 donation. Please indicate in the PayPal donation note that you are ordering the Hardback Edition and be sure to include your shipping address. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. For shipments outside of the U.S., please send an email requesting shipping rates.
HOW TO ORDER A SOFTBACK EDITION
Click HERE to purchase a softback edition.